Wednesday 11 June 2008

A Net Presence Ain’t Good For The Body

Let’s start this off with a little techie moan. I love technology but the bitch don’t love me back – she keeps giving me the cold shoulder. It feels almost as if you’re getting somewhere and then – bumpf – you’re bounced out and in free fall mode, getting nowhere fast. It’s a technical K-hole.

Sharing work online - contacting people - adding friends - reviewing images - editing work - diversifying markets - adding layers and ‘depth’ to my page - tagging. We’re a nation, no planet of ------- (add here as appropriate, I’ve got my word) who go from the house to the car; from the car to the office; from the office to the sofa and from the sofa back to bed. And I’m just as bad as everyone else. I spend days looking out the window. The sunlit lawn in my garden taunts me as another day is spent in front of my computer, smoking too hard and drinking too fast.

*** slurps ***

*** burps ***

*** rubs back ***

Really, is it anything more than just staring at a screen, clicking buttons, watching shapes, colours and lights? Just like the nation of Mercer followers in Phil K. Dick's most famous novel – are we nothing more than a sleeping herd, dreaming of electric sheep?

For me this blog’s about trying to re-dress the balance of consumption and creation in my life. Game online, play music, spend money – in short, just clickin the effin’ mouse. I’m doing my best to tame my inner industrial beast.

What am I talking about? I love this!

Add comments, leave cookies. I’m sick of eating y’all: come and have a nibble on me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do male Androids Dream of Electronic Lap Dancers?

Do Ladybots have intergrated rabbit technology?

The futures bright, the futures got cyborg bordellos replete with synth sheep for the welsh ministered over by Little Bo Pimp "Ewe better have my money..."

Keep it up and don't be afraid to harness the dark side of the force...

Bella Nexus said...

Mmmmm...All is full of (droid) love...and at only four in the afternoon ;)